BioTalentum Ltd. is a research start-up company established in 2005. Focus areas of the activities for the company are animal biotechnologies, including stem cell research, transgenic cellular and animal models. The company has a mission of research and development of new animal models and cellular systems for biomedical research and drug testing, and to provide technical services for research teams and pharmaceutical industry based on it's state-of-the-art technological know-how. The company is very active in European research, as BIO is full research partner in four FP6 projects: MEDRAT, CLONET, ARTEMIS, AGLAEA, and in several FP7 projects: NAD, RESOLVE, PluriSys, PartnErS, InduStem. In 5 of these BioTalentum is the coordinator of the project. These projects provide an intensive interaction with ERA teams from both academia and industry.
Furthermore, BioTalentum has a branch specialized on project management for biomedical research, and provides such services for national and EU FP7 projects.
BioTalentum Ltd. provides the following scientific services for its partners:
- establishment and differentiation of embryonic stem cell lines;
- gene manipulation, micromanipulation;
- in vitro cell culturing in SPF environment;
- gene targeting, transgenic technologies;
- transgenic cell line production;
- establishment of transgenic and knock-out animal models;
- molecular biological analyses (RT-PCR, high capacity PCR, TaqMan assay, epigenetic studies, protein analysis);
- cryopreservation of embryos and sperms, rederivation;
- training and advisory services for all research techniques of the company.